Public health advice and State & Territory Government directions in response to COVID-19 are changing quickly. It is your responsibility to stay up to date with the latest advice in your area before applying or accepting a shift. If you’re in doubt as to whether you should proceed with a shift, we advise you to not put yourself at risk and follow the advice from your State or Territory Government.
Where to find the latest advice
Access the latest Government directions in your State or Territory here:
- VIC – The lockdown in Metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria has been extended. You may only leave home for essential reasons.
- NSW – Lockdown measures are in place across NSW, including regional areas and you may only leave home for essential reasons. Restrictions around renovations, repairs, maintenance and cleaning of homes, have changed and you may need to carry a permit if you are from, or entering an LGA of concern for authorised work.
- ACT – The ACT is in lockdown from 5pm Thursday 12 August until midnight Friday 17 September. You may only leave home for essential reasons.
The health and safety of our talent is our number one priority. If you’re unsure about whether you should apply for a shift, AMS advises you to not put yourself, or the community, at risk.
Other things you can do to help reduce the spread of COVID-19
Wash your hands
To keep yourself and your family safe when you leave home you should wash your hands before you leave and when you return home.
Maintain physical distance
Keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others
Cover your face
Where physical distancing is not possible, wear a mask or cover your face. Check Government directions in your state or territory regarding when masks must be worn.
Get tested for COVID-19
If you’re experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, speak to your doctor about getting tested.
If you’re experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms or have been instructed by a medical professional to self-isolate, stay at home to protect the people around you.
Still have questions or concerns? Please contact the AMS team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are campaigns still allowed to run?
To help slow the spread of COVID-19, the States and Territories Governments have announced restrictions on movements and services. Restrictions in each State and Territory differ and are subject to change quickly. It is the responsibility of all talent to be up to date with the latest Government advice to ensure the service they’re providing in the course of their work adhere to the most up to date Government restrictions. If you are in an area with a Government-mandated lockdown and can only leave home for essential services, please keep this in mind when applying for a campaign or accepting a shift.
As talent, what steps should I take when undertaking a campaign?
As a priority, you should make sure you stick to the social distancing guidelines of at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others. AMS has also provided guides below around preventing the spread whilst undertaking a campaign and taking advantage of the Government’s infection training.
If I want to cancel a task because of the coronavirus, what should I do?
If you have applied for a campaign and been accepted, if you feel like you are unable to complete a task because of illness, please contact AMS ASAP to cancel your shift. Please use one of the following options to inform us.
- PORTAL – Log into the AMS Portal and select REQUEST A REPLACEMENT for the position.
- TEXT – NOT AVAILABLE to your AMS contact.
- EMAIL – NOT AVAILABLE to your AMS contact.